My editor’s page at Bio-Protocol (featuring protocols I reviewed/edited).
- Haimovich G., Ecker CM. , Dunagin MC., Eggan E., Raj A., Gerst JE. and Singer RH.
Intercellular mRNA trafficking via membrane nanotubes-like extensions in mammalian cells. PNAS 114(46): E9873–E9882. Epub 24-10-2017; Open Access (earlier version uploaded to bioRxiv ).
- Featured at the health section news of “Haaretz” (Israeli newspaper, Hebrew).
- News feature “Sharing Information through the Internet of Cells” at “Weizmann Wonder Wander” (English, Hebrew). Reprinted at “Lelo Hagbala” website (Israeli news website for handicapped persons, Hebrew).
- Reviewed in an article on membrane nanotubes in Quanta magazine. This article was also reprinted in “Scientific American”
- News item in BioTechniques “Hive Mind Could Explain RNA Transfer“.
- “Behind the scenes” blog post that I wrote.
- Haimovich G., Zabezhinsky D., Haas B., Slobodin B., Purushothaman P., Lin F., Levin JZ., Nusbaum C. and Gerst JE. Use of the MS2 aptamer and coat protein for RNA localization in yeast: A response to “MS2 coat protein bound to yeast mRNAs block 5’ to 3’ degradation and trap mRNA decay products: implications for the localization of mRNAs by MS2-MCP system” RNA 22:660-666. EPub 11 March 2016 DOI: 10.1261/rna.055095.115.
- Haimovich G., Cohen-Zontag O., and Gerst JE. (2015) A role for mRNA trafficking and localized translation in peroxisome biogenesis and function? BBA-MCR 1863(5):911-921.
- Buxbaum A., Haimovich G., and Singer RH. (2015) In the Right Place at the Right Time: Visualizing and Understanding mRNA Localization. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 16:95-109 (Epub 30 Dec 2014).
- Somekh J., Haimovich G., Guterman A., Choder M., and Dori D. (2014) Conceptual Modeling of mRNA Decay Provokes New Hypotheses. PLoS One 9(9): e107085.
- Haimovich G., Medina D., Causse S., Garber M., Millan-Zambrano G., Barkai O., Chavez S., Perez-Ortin JE., Darzacq X., and Choder M. (2013) Gene Expression Is Circular: Factors for mRNA Degradation Also Foster mRNA Synthesis. Cell, 153(5):1000-1011.
- Haimovich G., Trcek T., Choder M., and Singer RH. (2013) The fate of the messenger is pre-determined:a new model for regulation of gene expression. BBA-GRM. 1829(6-7):643-653. DOI: 10.1016/j.bbagrm.2013.01.004. EPub 18 Jan 2013
- Harel-Sharvit L., Eldad N., Haimovich G., Barkai O., Duek L., and Choder M. (2010) RNA polymerase II subunits link transcription and mRNA decay to translation. Cell, 143(4):552-563.
- Selected for the Journal “Leading Edge Preview” see Preker, P and Heick Jensen, T. (2010). Translation by remote control. Cell 143, 501-502.
- Selected for “Research Highlight” in Nature Reviews | Mol Cell Biol. See Skinner, M (2011). Protein synthesis: An expressive couple. Rev. Mol Cell Biol.12, 8.
- Recommended by “Faculty of 1000″.
- Goler Bar-On V., Selitrennik M., Barkai O., Haimovich G., Lotan R., and Choder M. (2008) Transcription in the nucleus and mRNA decay in the cytoplasm are coupled processes. Genes & Dev. 22:2022-2027.
- See commentary by Leslie M. Cell Biol.178, 1095 (2007).
- Recommended by “Faculty of 1000″.
- Lotan R., Goler Bar-On V., Duek L., Haimovich G., and Choder M. (2007) The Rpb7p subunit of yeast RNA polymerase II plays roles in the two major cytoplasmic mRNA decay mechanisms. JCB. 178(7):1133-1143.
- Kamer I., Sarig R., Zaltsman Y., Niv H., Oberkovitz G., Regev L., Haimovich G., Lerenthal Y., Marcellus R. C., and Gross A. (2005) Pro-apoptotic BID is an ATM effector in the DNA damage response. Cell 122(4):593-603.
- Weiss M., Haimovich G., and Pick U. (2001) Phosphate and Sulfate uptake in the halotolerant alga Dunaliella are driven by Na+-symport mechanism. J. Plant Physiology 158:1519-1525
Other biology related publications:
- Guest post at Addgene blog (2014): Which Fluorescent Protein Should I Use?
- Haimovich, G. (2011) Code name: Human genome (Hebrew). Galileo Science & thought, issue 154:24-30.
- Haimovich, G. (2010) The generous germ (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 147:20-21.
- Haimovich, G. (2010) A yiddish genetics (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 146:34-43.
- Haimovich, G. (2011) Pre-historic resistance (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 159.
- Haimovich, G. (2011) Baker’s yeast, version 2.0 (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 160.
- Haimovich, G. (2010) Morphine for all (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 143.
- Haimovich, G. (2010) Poodle in wolf’s skin (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 142.
- Haimovich, G. (2010) Alpha-beta of diabetes (Hebrew). Galileo science & thought, issue 142.
- Haimovich G. (2001) On life and Death (Hebrew). HaAyal HaKore (The Reading Moose) magazine.
- Haimovich G. (2001) Dead Dinosaur walking (Hebrew). HaAyal HaKore (The Reading Moose) magazine.
- Haimovich, G. (2001) Astrobiology (a four part series) (Hebrew). Israeli Society for Fantasy & Science Fiction online magazine.
Other science-related publications:
- Scientist and parent – life story; an eLife series on work-life balance (2018).
- Guest post at Sharp Thinking blog (2015) Peer-review: Past, Present and Future (Hebrew).